Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
- Consulting in sophisticated geotechnical projects.
- Soil evaluation of subsoils and field investigations (dynamic penetration, undisturbed sampling, vane shear test, in-situ density, plate-loading test).
- Field tests, qualification and certification tests (e.g. for soil nails).
- Dynamic subsoil measurements and vibration screening (mobile field laboratory, vibration and crosshole measurement).
- Cooperation in observational methods (inclinometer, extensiometer, earth pressure and pore water pressure measurements).
- Valuation of historical foundations (masonry coring, borescope, pile length determination).
- Small-scale physical model experiments (simulation of failure and deformation mechanisms in a plasto-dynamic model box).
- Numerical calculations (2D and 3D finite-element- or boundary-element-models, serviceability limit state evaluation).
- Standard laboratory tests in soil mechanics: Ggrain size distribution, density, permeability, compression behaviour, oedometric compression, uniaxial compression, shear box and ring shear tests, static and cyclic triaxial tests.
- Special lab tests (large oedometer with a diameter of 500 mm, large triaxial cell with sample diameters of 800 mm, biaxial and triaxial extension tests, resonance column test, triaxial tests in our frozen soil laboratory).
Our directory of services for soil mechanical laboratory tests gives an comprehensive overview of our testing options. For special equipment for user-specific applications and measurement we dispose of mechanical and electronic workshops in our institute.
Please contact for further information:
Dr.-Ing. Peter Kudella
Phone: +49 721 608-43298
Fax: +49 721 696096